Based on several factors, including lifestyle, retirement, opportunities for fun and investment. International magazine chosen the five Real Estate Markets for 2008. Still virtually unnoticed by the tourists in the world, these five regions are the best real estate markets in 2008. They are:
1. Calabria, Italy, Europe: a sunny corner of Europe, Calabria is a beautiful peninsula that is surrounded by the silver-blue sea on three sides. Life happens in a very nice in this place that has all the charm of a medieval village. A promising property market, the region is well served by low-cost European carrier RyanAir.
2. Ciudad Vieja, Uruguay, South America: This is another of the cities of the world economy is still unknown. The city has experienced a booming real estate market since 1995 and the trend is sure to continue in 2007. Always ranked among the top 10 cheapest cities in the world last year, Ciudad Vieja remains one of the best places to invest this year.
3. Montenegro, Eastern Europe: This spectacular European country on the Adriatic Sea, that many have almost forgotten has topped the list of best real estate markets. The aquamarine sea, mountains in the background fascinating, exciting summer villas and quaint fishing villages are only a few characteristics of this jaw droppingly beautiful country. An ideal tourist destination, it was considered the fastest growing Travel and Tourism by the World Travel and Tourism.
4. Cartagena, Colombia, South America: This is an old walled city, features a magnificent Spanish colonial architecture and flanked by white sand beaches. The city offers a warm weather, the affordable lifestyle, and world-class diving and diving for tourists and locals.
5. Malaysia, Asia: Southeast Asia top retirement haven, the country is a very affordable destination. Malaysia offers a Western lifestyle and a host of attractions including modern infrastructure, cheap and countless cultural attractions. Its beautiful white sand beaches and blue waters offer sailing, diving, snorkeling, etc.